RE: Cooling Tower Basin Minimum Temperature Steel

Thanks Gary, This is very helpful.

Rand Holtham, P.E.

             "Gary Loomis"
             <gloomis@MasterEn
             gineersinc.com>                                            To
                                       <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
             08/28/2006 08:41                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Cooling Tower Basin Minimum
             Please respond to         Temperature Steel
             <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.or
                    g>

Per Section 14.3, ACI 350-01 the following is the minimum reinforcement.

Vertical           0.0030            Section 14.3.2

Horizontal         Section 14.3.3 refers to Section 7.12.2.1 which is based
on length of pour and grade of rebar.  Assuming grade 60
Length less than 20'           0.0030
20' to 30'                                 0.0030
30' to 40'                                 0.0040
40' and greater                      0.0050

Gary Loomis, PE
Master Engineers and Designers, Inc