Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: OSHA Column Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: OSHA Column Requirements
- From: "Bruce Holcomb" <bholcomb(--nospam--at)brpae.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:51:12 -0500
OSHA distinguishes between columns and posts (posts weigh 300 pounds or less). The (4) anchor bolt requirement applies to columns, but as I see it, does not apply to posts. Do you have a “column” or a “post”? Check out the OSHA website for more info.
From: M. David Finley,
P.E., P.A. [mailto:davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com]
I have a small industrial support structure and I want to have pinned connections (that is, 2-bolt baseplates) in order to avoid transferring overturning moments to the foundations. Does OSHA provide any exceptions to the 4-anchor bolt column requirement?
- Prev by Subject: RE: OSHA Column Requirements
- Next by Subject: Re: OSHA Column Requirements
- Previous by thread: RE: OSHA Column Requirements
- Next by thread: RE: OSHA Column Requirements