Re: OSHA Column Requirements

The four bolts are for safety during erection. You could consider removing undesirable bolts after the permanent bracing is in place.  You would have to make sure the bolts did get removed if it is important and you would have to consider that somebody might later decide to install new anchors because they were not installed and should have been.

"M. David Finley, P.E., P.A." <davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com> wrote:
I have a small industrial support structure and I want to have pinned connections (that is, 2-bolt baseplates) in order to avoid transferring overturning moments to the foundations.  Does OSHA provide any exceptions to the 4-anchor bolt column requirement?
David Finley
M. David Finley, P.E., P.A.
2086 SW Main Boulevard - Suite 111
Lake City, FL  32025