Timber retaining wall (railroad tie)

Hi all!

I've been asked by my boss to design a railroad tie
retaining wall, however, I can't find much information
on how to actually design this system.  I understand
that you connect the ties together with long spikes or
rebar and you place deadmen occassionally into the
retained soil.  However, I can't find any actual
design information.  I would appreciate any input that
you may have.

Thanks!