From: Brian [mailto:bsh117(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Timber retaining wall (railroad tie)

Thanks Paul,

This sounds a lot like foundation sheeting, where the
finished product doesn't have to be aesthetically
pleasing.

However, in my situation, the retaining wall will be
visible.  The rail tie retaining wall system is going
to be stepped back approximately 15 degrees and it's
only going to be about 3 ft tall.  I'm sure most of
these are emperically designed, but I was hoping to
get some more information.