From: Brian <bsh117(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Timber retaining wall (railroad tie)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:11:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all!

I've been asked by my boss to design a railroad tie
retaining wall, however, I can't find much information
on how to actually design this system.  I understand
that you connect the ties together with long spikes or
rebar and you place deadmen occassionally into the
retained soil.  However, I can't find any actual
design information.  I would appreciate any input that
you may have.

Thanks!

http://mail.yahoo.com