RE: Timber retaining wall (railroad tie)

If the architect insists that this system be built, provide your advice to him in writing. You might even talk with your insurance company's legal department about how to handle these kind's of situations. Your name may or may not be on the drawings. I was once retained by a client because some exposed beams twisted on her residence.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB