Loader force

Hello,

We have a project for a local county waste transfer station. I am told that sometimes the front-end loaders use the exterior walls to push-up against when picking up garbage off the floor. My question is how do you quantify the load imposed on the wall for this situation? For this case we are to evaluate using precast (or tiltup) wall panel or a steel framed building with concrete wall and spandrel beam.

Thanks in advance for your insights and humor regarding pushing waste.

Mark L. Puccio P.E.,S.E.

Structural Engineer/ Principal

MP-Squared Structural Engineers

583 D'Onofrio Drive, Suite 201