Re: OSB grade

This is a frequent "or equal" request from GCs.  Can we poll the board here and get some opinions about the interchangeability of OSB and/or plywood?  Do you all think the two are "equal"??  Me, I'm old school...I ALWAYS spec plywood.  To me, OSB is "that new fangled stuff", since I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't "equal" at all...

Don

Does an OSB that is "PS2-92 sheathing grade to exposure 1 with a span
rating of 24/16" meet the requirements of the 1997 UBC such that it would
be considered "C-D, C-D Sheathing, plywood panel siding and other grades
covered in UBC Standard 23-2 or 23-3" and thus can use the shearwall
values for that type of sheathing in the UBC table?  I am not familiar
enough eith the requirements of the UBC (i.e. Standard 23-2 or 23-3) to
know the answer.

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI