From: "Michael Bryson" <mbryson(--nospam--at)NYASE.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Flatness Of P/T Conc. Deck
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:49:00 -0700

I have an 8" P/T parking deck where, after the re-shores were removed,
it was discovered to have bumps and waviness to it. The bumps appear to
be less than 1/2" high and randomly every four feet.

The owner is adamant that the slab was screeded and trowelled flat and
looked flat the days immediately after it was poured. Stressing occurred
three days after.

Two questions:
1) Is there a cause over time that would cause the waviness? Improper
curing?
2) What is a suggested fix to accommodate heavy vehicular traffic? Chip
out 3/4" of concrete and patch with an epoxy?

TIA

Michael Bryson, SE