RE: Cracks on floor slabs

Thanks for your reply Gil.  I appreciate it.

The way I understand it, the temperature reinforcement of 0.0018 - 0.002 should be for each face of the slab and not the total for both top and bottom.  Am I right?

Gil Brock <gil(--nospam--at)raptsoftware.com> wrote:
You have answered your own question.

Minimum reinforcement for slabs is normally in the order of .0018 to .02 times the concrete area as long as there is no restraint. The 1.4/Fsy figure is a very approximate (and incorrect) version of this for T beams again without restraint.

In your case the shear walls are restraining the slab shortening leading to full depth shrinkage cracks. Significant shrinkage problems will continue for several years with minor further shrinkage for the next 10 to 20 years. If the concrete is very young, filling with epoxy will not work long term. You will need to repaid them again in future.

Talk to a concrete repair company that understands restrained shrinkage cracking.