RE: Load combinations with 30% Wind

Try American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE-7 2005.

Bill

From: TBerair(--nospam--at)technip.com [mailto:TBerair(--nospam--at)technip.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:28 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Load combinations with 30% Wind

Dear colleagues,

We have been used to consider only 30% of the Wind when establishing load combinations for Abnormal Operating, Testing or Maintenance conditions (we design mainly downstream petrochemical facilities). I am investigating the origin of such an assumption in all US codes, but turned unsuccessful. Does anyone know a code that is mentioning this or any Load Combination for Testing or Maintenance?

Regards

Tarik BERAIR, PE,
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
TECHNIP France