RE: Long Building - How to make stand up?

I too have designed a “three-sided building” (a stilling shed for a mine).  The front wall has zero shear resistance.  The back and side walls take up all of the shear, and I used the roof to transfer front wall shear to the back and sides.  For a building that is too long, you could consider putting in some additional permanent interior shear walls.  But I can see, with an architect, that this would be a tough sell.  Good luck.

Dave Maynard, PE

Gillette, Wyoming