From: "David Smith" <smith1129(--nospam--at)charter.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Long Building - How to make stand up?
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:25:25 -0400

I have an architect's proposed plan for a strip shopping center 320' long by 50' wide. The two short sides and one long side will be masonry bearing walls. The other long side will be store-front. It appears to be too long for typical diaphragm type construction. Short of going to moment frames every 25 ft or so, are there any suggestions for making this building stable?
Thanks,
Dave Smith
Smith Associates
Gainesville, GA