Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Timber Roofs over Swimming Pools[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Timber Roofs over Swimming Pools
- From: "Jim Getaz" <jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:49:17 -0400
Rich Lewis wrote, “Previous SEAInt posts have discussed wood as a great solution to
natatoriums. Some have referenced steel with special corrosion coating. Some have even discussed precast.”
We have done a number of prestressed pool covers over the years. We design them so the concrete remains uncracked. A deep section can provide a long span and essentially maintenance-free service. During the season my daughter swims in one every day that was in place long before I came here 21 years ago (no, Bill, I have not done it this way for 27 years, yet).
Precast Concrete Engineer
- Prev by Subject: RE: Timber Roofs over Swimming Pools
- Next by Subject: To Bond or not to Bond
- Previous by thread: RE: Timber Roofs over Swimming Pools
- Next by thread: existing wood floor joist bending stress