Re: storefront wall

Gerald-
I had the same reaction so I called MiTek this morning :

David Lopp

Hardy Frames, Inc.

(800) 754-3030
dbischoff(--nospam--at)mii.com

They are scurrying to get a catalog ready for the upcoming SEAOC convention (but then that's what they said about the PCBC :o)  There is an ER available on their web site & David sent me a pre-release version of the catalog by email.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.
Gerard Madden, SE wrote:
Do these have or need ICC Approval Dennis?

Sideplate was a Proprietary Post Northridge pre-qualified SMRF connection in the FEMA 350 books. I believe a firm in Los Angeles. I guess Hardy Frames have partnered up with them?

I wish they would send me some literature. I'm a structural engineer who has specified hundreds of Hardy Frames and Panels, but I first heard about these frames from Two ARCHITECTS who went to a Builders Convention in the spring. You think they would give the people who spec them regularly (California Structural Engineers) some info? It's not like I'm not in their database :-)

-gm