detention basin

Title: Message
I'm being asked to design a detention basin for a civil engineer.  the hydrology has already been done, he just needs structural detailing/design.  Having never done anything like this, i naturally have a few questions that i hope some of you may be able to answer.

1.  I tried searching for some sort of standard of design, but came up empty handed.  Do any exist?  Sources?

2.  I assume i'm just designing a big conrete box to hold water (19' wide x 53' long x 6.5' deep).  So Live Load would be the full volume of water, or can i consider something less?

3.  How about lateral loads?  How do i account for the water sloshing about?

4.  Should this be constructed w/ corrosive resistant materials?

Any insights, thoughts, help is appreciated.

Thanks

Alden