RE: Glulam Design Source

There is no information that I'm aware of for gaining capacity with gluing
or side lap nailing.

Buddy

From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>

To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

Subject: RE: Glulam Design Source

Buddy,

Thanks for pointing out this reference.

As I read section 4.2.7.4 I can consider some diaphragm action from wood
decking if the boards are nailed per table 4.2.C. The table doesn't mention
anything about gluing the T & G of the boards together, not does it require
any side lap nailing of the boards at a particular interval. Is that
correct? Is there any documentation of increasing the diaphragm shear by
gluing or side lap nailing?

Thanks.

Rich