From: Gary Loomis [mailto:gloomis(--nospam--at)MasterEngineersinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:22 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: detention basin

ACI 350 and PCA documents would be a start.  I am not at the office and can not remember the exact titles.

You need to consider it dry and the earth pressure on the outside, if the structure is below grade.  Where is ground water?  You may need to consider uplift.

ACI 350 and PCA documents address materials of construction.  With adeqaute cover of rebar and spacing of joints to minimize cracking, epoxy coated rebar may not be necessary.

Gary Loomis