Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: ETABS/ Dual System[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: ETABS/ Dual System
- From: "Gerard Madden, SE" <gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 14:35:38 -0700
Make the shearwalls inactive for the SMRF run and reduce the base shear down 75% from the first run.
MondoOne way that works with all programs is to use different sets of materials for walls and columns and set the stiffness of walls equal to zero (by reducing E to 0.01 or something). Then all the loads are reduced to one fourth (includind self weight by reducing density).If the system is working with these parameters, we have a dual system.HTH
Masroor----- Original Message -----From: edmondo san joseSent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:12 AMSubject: ETABS/ Dual SystemAll,1. Is there any one here can explain to me how to check SMRF Elements in dual structural system that it can resist at least 25% of the design base shear (per UBC 1997) using ETABS?2. How do you scale up dynamic base shear?... I just found out 2 methods in ETABS and both have different results. In your practice, how it is done?Thanks,-Mondo
Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.
- Prev by Subject: Re: ETABS/ Dual System
- Next by Subject: Excel 2003 Beta Testers wanted for MultiLat(tm) public domain spreadsheet
- Previous by thread: Re: ETABS/ Dual System
- Next by thread: Curved PSC Box Girder.