San Diego, CA  92123

858/503-7854
858/503-7858 fax

Visit us on the web at www.arconengineers.com

From: David Maynard [mailto:DMaynard(--nospam--at)kfx.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 10:55 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Flag Drag

Here’s what I got.

A flag pole wants to be installed on top of a Structure.  I want to make sure that the flag pole on hand is capable of the loading.  Therefore, I need to know how to calculate the wind load on the waving banner.  Is there a spec out there, or can someone point me in the right direction, as to a design procedure for this.  I’d appreciate it.

David Maynard, PE

Gillette, Wyoming