For shorter poles:  http://www.trident-support.com/MonPoleA.htm

All designed in downtown Shingle Springs.

Neil Moore, SE, SECB

At 01:31 PM 9/11/2006, you wrote:
Where can I see the super-pole?

Michel Blangy, P.E.
-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Moore [ mailto:nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 1:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Flag Drag

Well actually, seismic controlled.   The pole was within a nearby active fault distance in a Zone 4 situation.  There is a high water table which meant we had to really spread the footing out to keep out of the bad stuff.    This pole is 426.5 feet high with a golden fiberglas crown at the top.

It's a tapered pole in 39 foot sections, bolted together with max. 3.25" diameter A354 bolts.   The bolts were tensioned in pairs with a tensioning machine.

Neil Moore