Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Flag Drag[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Flag Drag
- From: "Robert Kazanjy" <rkazanjy(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:58:13 -0700
On 9/11/06, Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com <Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com> wrote:In a message dated 9/11/06 11:57:45 AM, nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com writes:
Use ANSI/NAAMM FP 1001-97.Equation 4 will give you the wind load for nylon or cotton flags.
Equation 5 will give you the wind load for polyester flags.
Just out of curiosity, how much variation is there? I wouldn't have thought the flag material would make much difference, but apparently it does.
looks like polyester gives a 40& increase over cotton/nylon
Nylon: Drag(pounds) = 0.001 x (V,mph)^2 x Sqrt(Area, sq. ft)
Polyester: Drag(pounds) = 0.0014 x (V,mph)^2 x Sqrt(Area, sq. ft)cheers
another geeky ref but with a more practical section
- Prev by Subject: Re: Flag Drag
- Next by Subject: Re: Flag Drag
- Previous by thread: Re: Flag Drag
- Next by thread: RE: Flag Drag