Re: Welding around Bending Area

ASTM A500 is a cold bent tube and it is welded near
the bend regularly.  I believe that AWS D1.1 has a
special chapter related to welding of tubes.

Based on the above information I would not see a
problem in welding near bends as long as there were
some limits on the radius of the bend comparable to
A500.

What is wrong with my observations and logic?

Mark Gilligan