Re: deafening silence! as responded to by Harold Sprague

I went to the web site you mentioned and found it very interesting but it does not address the concerns presented in the Phsics911 web site. I am not subscribing to the "conspiracy theory" nor do I subscribe to the government published conclusions. I am not looking to trade jabs and insults with anyone in this listserver but I believe there are valid questions as to how structures behave and what can be done to provide future safety in these buildings. I am sorry if there are those that take offense but no offense was intended. I am at a loss to understand why the reaction to my presenting this web site is very emotional instead of analytical. I too feel grief and sorrow for the loss of life that happened and am not trying to downplay the seriousness of it but I thought that discussion of the points brought up in the web site could be enlightening and provide some elements of structural behavior and analysis not presented by the web site. Belittling and name-calling does nothing to further the advancement of the human species.
I was not presuming to present myself anonymously and did provide my initials for brevity. If it is important to the list to be completely identified, I am Stephen Macie, licensed Professional Engineer in California since 1977 and Licensed Structural Engineer in Hawaii since 1986.