Segmented/Perforated Shearwalls

All,

In one of my projects in CA I had used perforated shear wall design since it did not meet the code requirements for the segmented. But the city does not allow perforated wall design. My question is whether it?s okay to design it as segmented wall and strap the whole length of the wall for it to act as a single unit eventhough it doesnt comply with the code requirement or is there another way of doing it. Any help on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhairavi