deafening silence: lessons learned

Stephen –

Some lessons learned for you (and for your defenders on the list service):

1)       When you post something anonymously, the rest of the member of this list will not take you very seriously.

2)       When you post links to a half dozen conspiracy websites, the list will take you even less seriously.

3)       When the list ignores a wild posting like this, consider that a blessing.  Don’t rattle the bee-hive by posting it again talking about a deafening silence!!

Now, I would have preferred to read some more reasoned responses with less name calling. But, I understand the name calling… you rattled the bee hive and you gave us very little reason to respect you in the first place.

I did visit the Physics 911 website.  And I looked at their “What did NOT happen” link.  It claimed that aviation fuel burns at less than 500 degree Celsius.  I’m not qualified to FULLY refute this.  Therefore, I remained silent.

However, I have visited a couple of job sites at petrochemical plants where we were re-building a section of the plant where they’d had a fire.  I can tell you that, from my personal experience, the structural steel warps and bends unbelievably when subjected to these petrochem fires.  It’s truly shocking the first time you see it.  From that experience, I knew that the Physics911 website was a bunch of uneducated filth.  To dismiss a completely legitimate theory about what happened so nonchalantly and without giving any references as to where they came up with their “facts” about what temperature fuel burns at, means to me that they’re a bunch of wild conspiracy theorists who aren’t worth my time.  I believed the same about you because you deliberately associated yourself with these folks (by linking to their websites).

Now that we know who you are.  Now that we know that you are truly an engineer, I regret that the rest of the list maligned you so.  However, I point you back to the beginning of this message.  If you rattle a bee-hive, don’t be surprised when you get stung.  The silence is no longer deafening.

Sincerely,

Josh Plummer, SE

Lake Forest, CA