Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
metal strapping on wall lines[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: metal strapping on wall lines
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:10:44 -0700
I have noticed on some wood framed houses that metal strapping is being placed at the top and bottom of windows extending on to the adjacent wall piers. they are not perforated shearwalls. are these straps intended to tie the windows to the shearwalls ? I thought the top plates did this. any insight as to why strapping is being called out this way?
- Prev by Subject: RE: metal deck electrodes - low hydrogen required?
- Next by Subject: Re: metal strapping on wall lines
- Previous by thread: Re: ASD steel composite beam design
- Next by thread: Re: metal strapping on wall lines