Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: metal strapping on wall lines

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Perforated Shearwall with Force Transfer Around the openings. See the SEAOC Seismic Design Manual Vol II from a few years back.


On 9/14/06, Pinyon Engineering <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)> wrote:
I have noticed on some wood framed houses that metal strapping is being placed at the top and bottom of windows extending on to the adjacent wall piers.  they are not perforated shearwalls.   are these straps intended to tie the windows to the shearwalls ? I thought the top plates did this.  any insight as to why strapping is being called out this way?
Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Enginnering
Bishop CA