Re: metal strapping on wall lines

whether the wall is designed as a perforated shear wall or not, it will have stress concentrations of the lateral forces at the corners of windows and doors as shown in photos of cracks from earthquakes (and probably from wind also). Thus it is good practice to place horizontal straps on each side of windows and doors.

Stan Scholl,  P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA