Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Load on Open Structures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Load on Open Structures
- From: "Xan Cutcliff" <xcutcliff(--nospam--at)neel-schaffer.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:27:05 -0500
To Whom It May Concern:
I’m in the process of designing a Canopy for the loading and unloading of school buses. The structure is basically an open structure with a flat roof with some vertical surfaces (columns and a band around the top of the structure). I’ve calculated the uplift on the structure, from Figure 6-18, but I’m not familiar with applying the ASCE 7-02 to an open structure to get forces on the vertical surfaces. Do I use Figure 6-20 for these or am I missing something. Also, can someone recommend a good reference on wind loads? I have the “Guide to the Use of the Wind Load Provisions of ASCE 7-02” but it really doesn’t address open structures. Thank you.
Xan Cutcliff, P.E.
P.O. Box 22625
Jackson, MS 39225-2625
- Prev by Subject: Re: Where To Go In San Francisco ??
- Next by Subject: Wind Load on Solar Panels w/ Supports ASCE 07-05
- Previous by thread: Re: Disconnecting the conspiracy dots
- Next by thread: Re: Frost depth