Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Seismic Requirements in NYC[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Seismic Requirements in NYC
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:08:17 -0700
Title: Seismic Requirements in NYC
For what it’s worth, my understanding is that New York City has passed a law which will adopt the 2003 IBC starting in July 2007, probably with some amendments. I would think the Building Official would be willing to accept a seismic design based on that code if you asked. I have gotten the impression, from limited discussion with city officials in the past, that they were much more aware than previously of seismic risks in the northeast and were anxious to get the codes updated in that regard.
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic requirements in NYC
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic requirements in NYC
- Previous by thread: RE: Seismic requirements in NYC
- Next by thread: roger turk passing away - 2nd anniversary