Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:59 AM
Subject: Redundancy/Reliablity Factor (ro) in Wood Frame BLDG

Dear List members:

There are some "Plan Examiners" that have been requiring computation of Redundancy/Reliability Factor (ro) in Wood Frame BLDG.

My understanding is that the SEOASC has issued a white paper in this regard and does not require the need for this in light wood frame structures.

1- What has been your experience with Redundancy/Reliability Factor when designing a wood frame building?

   (would you still provide the "Plan Examiner" with "ro" computation?)

2- And how does this relates with IBC 2003 requirement?

Thanks

Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar, PE

Southern California