Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'SEAINT Listserver (seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org)'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments
- From: AWC Info <AWCInfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:08:59 -0400
Title: Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments
Here's a link to some information on this subject:
John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.
The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.
>From: "Willcox, Chris M." <Chris.M.Willcox(--nospam--at)GASAI.com>
>Subject: Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments
>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:14:10 -0500
>I've been charged with coming up with a company policy for specifying
>metal fasteners and framing accessories used with preservative-treated
>lumber. I would be interested to hear what others have done to address
>the increased corrosion from most of the non-arsenic-containing
>preservatives. In particular: do you specify galvanized or stainless
>nails, bolts, etc., and if so, for the whole project or just for
>connections to treated lumber; and/or do you specify SBX for most
>locations, and if so, what limitations do you put on it's use and do
>you find that framers are able to get a hold of it. Thanks in advance
>for any responses.
>Chris Willcox, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments
- Next by Subject: Crack Control: ACI 10.6.4
- Previous by thread: RE: Corrosion from Non-Arsenic Wood Preserving Treatments
- Next by thread: Single pier cap