metal deck electrodes - low hydrogen required?

Anyone that knows:

I am dealing with a question over what type of electrodes are required for puddle welding metal deck to structural steel.  The contractor wants to use E6022 electrodes and the plans say they are supposed to use low hydrogen electrodes.

I talked with a deck supplier who said the most of deck is 38 ksi - ASTM A653 and he said he knows that he talked with local erectors who said they use E6022 electrodes.  I had a note in book from a class I took 4 years ago that said everyone wants to use E6022 for steel deck but they should be using low hydrogen electrodes.

What does AWSD1.3 require low hydrogen electrodes for welding metal deck to A992 steel members?  If low hydrogen electrodes are required why do people want to use E6022?

Thanks.
Scott