Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
2005 NDS Table 11P Footnote 3[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: 2005 NDS Table 11P Footnote 3
- From: sutej(--nospam--at)comcast.net
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:27:11 +0000
The 2005 NDS Table 11P footnote 3 states that one should multiply the tabulated nail lateral design values by p/10D when the actual nail penetration is between 6D and 10D. However, that would not be as large as a reduction if one follows section 11.3.4 that requires "the length of dowel bearing shall not include the tapered tip of a fastener for fastener penetration lengths less than 10D." I believe that nail tips range from 1.3D to 2.0D in length. Therefore, should the tabulated nail values of Table 11P be reduced by p/10D, where p is the nail length less the tapered tip, when nail penetration is between 6D and 10D?
- Prev by Subject: Re: 1950's Precast Floor Plank
- Next by Subject: 2005 NDS Table 11P Footnote 3
- Previous by thread: Trouble?
- Next by thread: 2005 NDS Table 11P Footnote 3