Phoenix AZ Foundation Detail

I’m designing a building in Phoenix AZ and not familiar with typical construction details in the region.  I have a one story 8” CMU bearing wall supporting wood framed roof.  I would like to know if it is typical to pour a separate strip footing for the wall and float the slab independent or pour a turned down slab edge using 12-16” wide grade beams.  My preference is the independent strip footing, but I don’t want to detail it that way if the turned down slab grade beam is typically done in the region.

Thanks.

Rich