From: <William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Regional Practices for Masonry Construction Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:55:16 -0600

I am interested in variations in regional practices for masonry
construction, especially in the US and Canada. As noted below, there are
some variations in practice regarding fully grouted vs partially
grouted.  Are there other variations in regional practices: types of
block typically used or available? mortar types commonly used? use of
lintel blocks vs steel lintel beams? single wythe usage? variations in
control joint types and spacing?

Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792