Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RES: Overhanging Monorail[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RES: Overhanging Monorail
- From: "Mario Velez Nauer" <mario.velez(--nospam--at)demagcranes.com.br>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:02:28 -0300
From the European Federation of Materials Handling and Storage Equipment is a norm who analyzes this subject.
FEM 9.341 –Rules for the design of series lifting equipment :Local girder stresses (Euros 5,00)
The German Norm DIN V ENV 1993-6 (Eurocode 3) give also some rules how to calculate this stress who are very similar to FEM
Mario Velez Nauer
Padmanabhan Rajendran [mailto:rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
wrote a paper in Engineering Journal (1985) regarding determination of
allowable stresses for an overhanging monorail beam with a moving load on the
bottom flange. He published a table showing the value of "Cb" as a
function of the overhang ratio.
Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.
- Prev by Subject: RES: deafening silence!
- Next by Subject: Response from Aisc
- Previous by thread: RE: aluminum anchorage to steel
- Next by thread: Old Southern Pine Allowable Stresses