RE: Support installed low - steel deck pounded down to support for puddle welds - still ok?

Apparently there was a big kink in the deck directly over a joist but by the time I got there it was covered and nothing was apparent from below because it was directly over a joist.  I may be mistaken on the amount it needed to be lowered.

From: Kestner, James W. [mailto:jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Support installed low - steel deck pounded down to support for puddle welds - still ok?

In a situation like this where the deck will not "lay down", we usually have them cut the top of the deck directly over a joist and make sure the deck can span as a simple span to support the load. I have heard of ironworkers trying to stand on the deck to bring in place so it can be welded but I have never heard of it being "pounded down".

Jim K.