From: Barry Welliver [mailto:barrywelliver2(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:17 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Regional Practices for Masonry Construction

I'd like to add a regional practice to the discussion.....metal decking.

Coming from California where most metal decking is filled with concrete,
I was indeed the odd duck in wanting to do this for roof diaphragms in
Utah.
Perhaps I'm overly naive on this issue, but the partially grouted walls
outside of high seismic areas has me thinking...

Barry H. Welliver