Re: aluminum anchorage to steel

Paul-

In aerospace we were lucky in that all fasteners & metal parts were plated (or anodized).  When the aluminum was machined & the anodize removed we used a zinc chromate primer between the fastener (usually plated alloy steel or stainless)

I don't remember the product name or spec anymore but this stuff appears to be a proprietary product that does the same thing

http://www.vannay.com/eck.html

I assume your steel is not galvanized & the aluminum is not anodized?  We're talking bare (or painted) steel against bare aluminum?

Installation outdoors? Indoors?

per this discussion maybe a hot dipped galvanized steel bracket; bolted to the steel & the aluminum could serve as a connector?

http://www.finishing.com/419/30.shtml

cheers
Bob