Re: Masonry in Las Vegas Fully Grouted or Partially Grouted

Are you sure about the use of Strength Design on the NCEES Struct II exam?
If they "use" the 2003 IBC as the code basis then, Strength Design would
be "included" as it is in the 2002 MSJC (which is referenced by the IBC
2003)...if it is not still directly in the 2003 IBC (don't
recall...haven't really had a need to look too closely at the 2003 IBC
masonry sections).  So, unless NCEES specifically says that Strength
Design is not to be used on the exam, I don't see why SD could not be
used.  When I took it, you could do either LRFD or ASD for steel since
both where in the code.  I would assume the same would be true of SD vs
WSD for masonry.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI