Re: 1950's Precast Floor Plank

I will second the comment about load tables, unless you can nail down the manufacturer somehow. My experience is these are generally mildly reinforced "C" shapes, at least in Salt Lake.  If you have access, many times there will be at least one broken flange somewhere with bar exposed.  You may need to look hard.  If you are really in a pinch and need an educated guess on capacity, calculate what minimum reinforcing might be in the 50's.  It can help at least put a lower bound on your condition.  Please keep in mind, that is only a guess.  There is no guarantee of any reinforcing unless you verify it.

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT