From: <William.Sherman(--nospam--at)CH2M.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Regional Practices Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:20:48 -0600

I've also encountered the unavailability of moisture controlled block in
Hawaii a number of years ago - but "moisture-controlled" block is not
covered by ASTM C90 anymore.  Are you adding project specific
requirements to get "moisture-controlled block"?

I've also been told that steel lintels are common in Canada, with lintel
block hard to find there.  But I would prefer masonry lintels due to
corrosion concerns with steel lintels.

Bill Sherman
CH2M HILL / DEN
720-286-2792