From: Jake Watson [mailto:jake.watson1(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 8:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: NCEES Struct II masonry design (WAS: Masonry in Las Vegas Fully Grouted or Partially Grouted)

This is a bit or a sidebar, but last night I found a great article by the Northwest Concrete Masonry Association.  It compares '97 UBC, '02 MSJC, and '05 MSJC along with strength vs wsd methods.  Here is the link:

http://www.nwcma.org/Articles/Masonry_Design_Method_Choices.pdf#search=%22masonry%20shearwall%20working%20stress%20design%22

If the author (Susan M. Frey) is present, thanks for a well done summary!

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT