1 1/2 Inch Concrete Stone - San Fran Bay Area

Is anyone aware of a problem with concrete batch plants in the San Francisco Bay area not being able to supply 4000 psi mixes with 1 1/2 inch nominal maximum size aggregate?  I have a construction contractor who is saying the largest size concrete aggregate they can get is 1 inch.  Obviously I am highly suspicious.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

the views of the company.