Re: Out-of-plane forces

Look at section 1620.2.7 and 1620.3.3.  Equation 16-61 will give you forces for designing wall rebar.  Equation 16-62 should be used for wall anchorage to flexible diaphragms.  Please note that the lower bound limit of 400Sds (plf) shown in section 1620.2.7 will also apply.  These provisions are also in ASCE-7.

Please be careful when using section 1621.  Make note that these are revisions to ASCE-7 and must be considered in their context inside that document.  Simply reading them from IBC doesn't make much sense.  You should look at these provisions when you have parapets or partitions.  They will give you different designs forces for those elements.

Lastly, for my own sanity, I generally ignore the IBC seismic provisions.  IBC section 1614.1 exception 1 lets you ignore the IBC changes provided you comply with the ASCE provisions listed.

HTH,

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT