Re: Plastic Analysis of steel beam

>>> rakamaka(--nospam--at)yahoo.com 9/29/2006 5:57 AM >>>

...snip...

>> If it is, is there any procedure, amenable to manual computations, to calculate the load at which the
>> first formed hinge would break?

Not clear what you meant by "break". In pure elaso-plastic model, the section would never break. But you want to limit the curvature (or strain) to a "usuable" limit. You may want to look at DRAIN-2DX program which can handle push-over analysis.

Suresh Acharya, S.E.