Magnified Moments - nonsway frame

Greetings,

I would appreciate if someone helped me understand Clause 10.12.3.2 of ACI 318-02

"The factored moment M2 in Eq. 10-8 shall not be taken less than M2,min = Pu*(0.6+0.03*h) ... about each axis separately. For members in which M2min xceeds M2, the value of Cm from equation 10-13 shall be taken as 1.0 or shall be based on the computed end moments M1 and M2."

My question is thus:

1. Does this mean that Cm can be conservatively taken as 1.0 if M2 less than M2,min?
Or it can be computed to be Cm (Eq 10-13) based on the computed M1 and M2, where M2 is the value from analysis and not the minimum M2.
Is this right? This would give a value of Cm less than 1.0. Right?

2. The Mc = dns * M2 value from Eq. 10-8 would have the dns using the computed Cm from (1) and the M2 as the minimum M2?

Is my interpretation of the clause right?

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN, E.I.
Structural Engineer